Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, Xenon has always meant High Intensity Discharge bulbs. They will finally be standard issue on all trims but the base LR4.

mattwallace24

Reaction score
Internal marketing bulletin was finally released for the US market, detailing 2014MY LR4 changes, pricing of base model and all options. Sorry about the poor quality of the PDF, but I stitched it together from a series of jpeg and bmp files... Should be readable though.

MY2014 Land Rover LR4 product announcement with pricing

Thanks for sharing the details. Looking to buy my first Land Rover and still torn between the 2013 and 2014.

Unlike some of the others, I do like the move to the SCV6 along with the other features that should provide a little better gas mileage.

My 2014 dislikes, although minor, keep me on the fence. Moving the audio interface panel to the glove box makes me cringe. I'll be moving to the LR4 from a Mercedes GL450 and hate having to connect my phone in the glove box today. I never remember to do it when I first get in and find myself having to stretch across the car to plug my phone in while driving. An inconvenience, sure, but one that I thought would be resolved when I first viewed the 2013's.

My biggest peeve, although small, was the decision to add the "black grill with bright insert" to the black design package. I'm leaning towards an ALL black LR4 (black color with black design package). Now they add what looks to be a chrome or similar trim around the grill with the black design package. That just doesn't make sense to me and means I'll have an all black LR4 with the exception of "bright insert" around the grill that will jump out. I can always paint it aftermarket, but this does seem to be a strange addition to the black feature who's purpose is to reduce the look of chrome, bright accents???

Hoping they release the 2014 mpg info soon and give some clarity when the first orders can be placed and delivery times. I'm out of my Mercedes lease in December. I realize I may go a few weeks without an auto if delivery times are the first half of January, but if they are February or later, my decision may be made for me.

JMC08

Reaction score
Finally, some real information for US market LR4's! Thanks for posting. I think the cosmetic changes are a nice enhancement as a whole, still not sure on removing the standard 2-speed transfer case and V8 though. Im getting ready to trade our 2011 Range Rover in. Probably for a new 2014 Range Rover, but may consider the new LR4.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt,
I understand that the LR4 also has a Bluetooth interface for phone, that also supports audio streaming.
I don't use (or at least I try not to) my phone in the car; but I was looking forward to the Bluetooth to stream music to the LR4 sound system.
Can someone clarify whether the Bluetooth interface can be used for phone and/or music streaming.
On the following website, 'Granny Joan' describes the Bluetooth interface for phone; and the use of the connector for iPod music. I'm hoping Bluetooth can be used for music streaming as well.
http://grannyjoans.blogspot.com/2011/03/using-iphone-with-landrover-lr4.html

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth audio streaming has been standard issue since 2012, so I am sure they won't take it away on MY14. What they are apparently taking away is one USB port from the audio interface module (now relocated in the glove box.) On MY2012/13 there are two USB ports under the center armrest, one dedicated for an iPod/iPhone and a generic one for USB flash drives - also used to update the navigation system. It looks like the 2014s will make do with just one port, so you will be able to either plug in an iPod / iPhone, or a USB flash drive to play music, but not both at the same time.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I see that in your pdf, Umberto; only One USB port (and an AUX input).
But hopefully, they've taken care of some of the issues to seemlessly allow going back and forth between phone activity and music from, say, an iPhone.
(And I recognize that I may be engaging in some 'wishful thinking' regarding the 'seemless' part....)
Still, I'd rather use Bluetooth for both phone and music......

mattwallace24

Reaction score
Thanks for the Bluetooth info. Takes that concerns off my list.

Now if we can only get the release/availability date :)

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sales people at my LR dealer seems to have NO information for 2014. (I was able to tell them about the new engine/trans, etc.....). They do still have 2013's in transit to them, however.
Last I read was that 2014 LR4s would be showing up in UK showrooms in mid Nov.
So, I don't expect to see any here in the US until at least Dec 1st. But maybe I'll be surprised.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR sales guy just emailed me the same document that Umberto gave us last week.
The sales guy said they expect to order the MY2014's in the next thirty days; and then mentioned a March or April delivery. He also mentioned that they might have a factory demo before then. ....long time to wait....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo