Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR sales guy just emailed me the same document that Umberto gave us last week.
The sales guy said they expect to order the MY2014's in the next thirty days; and then mentioned a March or April delivery. He also mentioned that they might have a factory demo before then. ....long time to wait....

A big reason why I am glad I went with a 2013.

mattwallace24

Reaction score
A big reason why I am glad I went with a 2013.

That delivery date, if it holds, puts me back on the fence. I'm out of my Mercedes GL450 lease in mid-December. Could get by waiting until January (maybe even February) for a 2014 LR4, but March or April means I'd either have to extend my lease 6 months (to mid-June) or pick-up a 2013. Will wait a few more weeks to see if order/delivery dates firm up. Have my sights set on a 2014 LR4, so extending my lease is an ugly choice for the impulsive side of me.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The deliveries may also be a function of location. I'm guessing that East Coast deliveries may be sooner. But I'm in Arizona, so .... I'll wait. Fortunately, I have a 2000 Disco II that just hums along. (But, I'm starting to have guilt pangs about the prospect of selling it.....hopefully it can't read my thoughts...... :)

vliberman

Reaction score
currently, I own '10 lr4 with 50k miles on the clock. Thinking of changing my rig as long term reliability of the truck is a concern to me. Was gonna buy '14 MY one until heard about engine change from v8 to v6. Will buy Lexus GX 460 instead as I can keep that truck pretty much forever and V8 engine is standard. The only reason I bought LR4 in the first over GX was an amazing engine it had; not anymore. I think this is a huge mistake by LR as it clearly doesn't understand it's customer base.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
currently, I own '10 lr4 with 50k miles on the clock. Thinking of changing my rig as long term reliability of the truck is a concern to me. Was gonna buy '14 MY one until heard about engine change from v8 to v6. Will buy Lexus GX 460 instead as I can keep that truck pretty much forever and V8 engine is standard. The only reason I bought LR4 in the first over GX was an amazing engine it had; not anymore. I think this is a huge mistake by LR as it clearly doesn't understand it's customer base.

This is spot on. Although I think Tata is willing to give up its somewhat limited V8 customer base for a much larger customer share. Whether this strategy pays off or not remains to be seen. But I will be defecting to Lexus too, LX570 in my case, built like a brick house and good for the next 10-15 years. Not nearly as cutting edge or cool as LR, but iconic in a different way

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is spot on. Although I think Tata is willing to give up its somewhat limited V8 customer base for a much larger customer share. Whether this strategy pays off or not remains to be seen. But I will be defecting to Lexus too, LX570 in my case, built like a brick house and good for the next 10-15 years. Not nearly as cutting edge or cool as LR, but iconic in a different way

For that kind of money you can get a V8 RRS

vliberman

Reaction score
just wanted to provide an update: ended up buying LX 570 vs. GX 460 I originally thought i would buy. Didn't like GX at all. LX 570 is more money than GX but significantly cheaper than v8 RR. I couldn't believe that proper RR HSE comes with V6 as well (what a joke IMHO). V8 RR sells for $105k MSRP plus $15k premium so just too much money vs. $76k i paid for $90k MSRP Lexus.

On my '10 LR 4: sold it to a Lexus dealer for $30k, which is great, considering I paid $39.5k for it in Jan of '11. It had 53,000 miles on it and was a base model. So it held its value very well, however, I did get a good deal on it at the time.

All in all, Land Rover was a decent vehicle and would probably buy again once non-SC version V8 is available in either LR4 or RR form.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to provide an update: ended up buying LX 570 vs. GX 460 I originally thought i would buy. Didn't like GX at all. LX 570 is more money than GX but significantly cheaper than v8 RR. I couldn't believe that proper RR HSE comes with V6 as well (what a joke IMHO). V8 RR sells for $105k MSRP plus $15k premium so just too much money vs. $76k i paid for $90k MSRP Lexus.

On my '10 LR 4: sold it to a Lexus dealer for $30k, which is great, considering I paid $39.5k for it in Jan of '11. It had 53,000 miles on it and was a base model. So it held its value very well, however, I did get a good deal on it at the time.

All in all, Land Rover was a decent vehicle and would probably buy again once non-SC version V8 is available in either LR4 or RR form.

Keep us/me posted on your thoughts on the Lexus. I have been considering the landcruiser for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We looked at the GX 460 too, and we didn't like it either. Felt lethargic and ponderous on the test drive, plus we were not really jazzed about the interior, solid axle, etc. for the cost of the truck. After looking at the avaialble trucks (Merc, Ford, Toyota/Lex, Infi, etc.), we ended up with a fully-optioned 2013 LR4. We didn't want to go the full-size route again, so it was a good compromise overall.

That said, the full size Infiniti can really haul the mail and drives well despite being huge. Had to drag the wife out of the truck and away from the dealership as she really liked that one, but I found it to be style challenged personally...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM