Oil Change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer for my 2008 LR3 HSE told me that oil change interval on my truck is every 7.5K miles. My truck sits in my garage most of the the time (since I only use it during Winter and on weekends, but rarely). I do make sure that I run the engine and play with the high and low gears at least once every 2 weeks to make sure that all components are running.

If I wait for the next 7.5K miles to come along, we're talking waiting many months to roll by (like over 4 months or more). Will the synthetic oil in my truck break down and would I still need to have the oil changed eventhough I have not reached the next 7.5K mile interval?

Any input?

Thanks ya'll

Vince

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would be a problem for either dino oil or synthetic for 6 month interval. The biggest problem I think is condensation (water). You really need to get the motor up to temp to steam off the moisture. If you are not in the north (like me), maybe this is less of an issue. I have sent a couple samples to these guys to verify my theories and make sure I wasn't waiting too long between changes: http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

98Disco

Reaction score
It shouldnt be a problem, tho I would make sure to have the oil changed no longer than every 6 months regardless of your mileage.

One other thought is that your LR3 comes with free service maintaince up to 45k or so. I do know that the free service's expire based on time and not mileage. Might want to talk to your dealer to check tho...hate it see ya loose any free service's

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the free service is limited to 6 visits (45K warranty / 7.5 interval). My 28K mile truck, came with only one remaining service! Not sure how that worked, but it sure sucks.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually was at the dealer this morning. It is every 7500 miles or 6 mos, whichever comes first. And yes its 6 services up to the 45k service. I have 1 free service left and will be doing the 45k before October. He did say its 6 services within 3 years not based on mileage though if its under the 45k.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9