Oil Cooler Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Aparently LR took these coolers out in '02 because they were causing more harm than good with the leaks that occured. One can get blanking plugs to plug the holes on a D1 and delte this system all together....

Opinions?

Justin

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening Justin, is this the engine oil cooler that you are talking about? Or is it the tranny cooler? On any motor, or transmission for that matter, cooler is better! But my transmission man has a point, how can you expect to cool any fluid by running it through a hot radiator, as most cars and trucks have it set up! The Rover has a separate cooler up front, for the trans, I believe. But I am unsure about how the oil is cooled. I did notice last week when I was trying to figure the PS line locations that, correct me if I'm wrong, the PS lines run to the radiator, for cooling, or heating the fluid I suppose. In the NASCAR world, we put coolers on everything that space permited. Individual coolers stacked one atop the other in any space we could find! More consistant performance that way, easier to monitor system temps & problems that way. Thank You, LRW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9