Oil Pressure on the D1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hello all!!! Anybody out there know where I can find the oil pressure sending unit on the D1?? I have a flickering Oil Pressure Light and I want to nip this in the bu** before I have a more serious problem. I need to measure the oil pressure or else .... Thank you guys!!!
Melissa

D

discomike

The thought of you Nipping it in the bu** was enough for me to e-mail a friend for his help.

The sensor switch is at the lower right hand side of engine near filter. The sensor is a traditional rheostat to ground. So w/engine running, the sensor should NOT have a dead-short to ground. An easy way to test would be key to ‘on’, (allow 30 seconds for dash lights to cycle to normal) engine off and take sensor wire off sensor and touch lead to ground on-off, on-off. Idiot light should follow the on-off motion.

This is what Mitch sent me back.
I would still go for the mechanical test as apposed to the electrical.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
ha ha .. THANK YOU MIKE!!!!!!! If you are ever in Oklahoma or Texas I will buy you a drink !! :wink:
Melissa

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
low oil pressure

RoverChick, i had the pressure relief stick in the bypass position hence oil pressure in the damage zone. All rods and mains into the bronze. Make a adapter so you can install a test gauge, at 2,500 you should have 40 psi. Rover engines (X-GM design) are low pressure lube design. After things are squared away install a relay to drive a buzzer. You will hear this long before rod knocks or gauge scan. What wt. oils in the Rover? Carl.........o&o>..........

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverChick, wow too thin in my book, and i'm in the San Francisco bay area which is cooler than you. I've got 25,000 on the new 4.6, in the summer i run 20/50 in the winter 6 qt. 20/50, 2 qt. 10 oz. 10/40. I have extra volume because of the 7" long filter and pre-oiler. If you have more than 40,000 the motors loose inside (bearing clearances) 20/50 will get in. How cold does it get in the winter ? Use a lighter weight oil in the winter. Carl.......o&o>......

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey roverchick, did you resolve this problem? What was it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72