OJ/EP LR4 Tonight on Top Gear USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how many people frequent the Expedition Portal / Overland Journal forums or even know that they have a pretty built LR4 but supposedly it will be on Top Gear USA tonight on the History Channel. I believe it will air at 9 PM EST.

Episode is called "Desert Trailblazers"

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not a fan of the US version of Top Gear, but will force myself to watch it tonight. :wink:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not a fan of the US version of Top Gear, but will force myself to watch it tonight. :wink:

Eh, I too have kinda given up on it but DVR'd the episode tonight only because they were off-roading.

Nothing will ever compare to the original.....

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this one.
I don't think they have the same budget and definitely not the same crew. We are in PC america here let's not forget.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit silly at times. Clearly staged. (We just happened to end up in a ski area and were allowed to drive down the hill and back up. Right.) But it was a hoot to watch. And I thought you guys told me the LR motto was, "Slow as you can, fast as you must." I'm not sure the LR4 driver was paying attention in class. ;-)

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit silly at times. Clearly staged. (We just happened to end up in a ski area and were allowed to drive down the hill and back up. Right.) But it was a hoot to watch. And I thought you guys told me the LR motto was, "Slow as you can, fast as you must." I'm not sure the LR4 driver was paying attention in class. ;-)

He sure wasn't easy on the lr4. But goes to show how well built it is.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they really made it up the Devil's Staircase without help / winches, more power to all 3 of those vehicles, especially the little Toyota. That stretch of Broken Arrow looks intimidating enough going downhill (which is the "normal" direction I recall going when I was in Sedona), I don't know if I would attempt climbing it the other way. Nice scenery and all, but those guys belong to the Disney Channel more than the History Channel, with their never-ending "Whoa!" and "Har Har!"

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lordy, the pounded the snot out of the LR4 and the Brute DC. The one shot going down the hill where the LR4 went airborne and the BDC looked like it was about to roll could have ended badly for both of them.

I asked over on Expo how bad the damage was from the show. Waiting to see the response. I would think there was more damage there than just the fender arches coming off.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said the LR4 stalled twice while rock climbing, that seems unexpected.
What are your thoughts on that?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said the LR4 stalled twice while rock climbing, that seems unexpected.
What are your thoughts on that?

I thought the same thing! I have never seen an auto stall on the trails, much less seen an auto stall on the road. I was baffled by this one....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99