OJ/EP LR4 Tonight on Top Gear USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they still think your AC is broken or is it that it can't handle the heat and humidity where you live? I do notice that my climate control swings pretty high and low. I've had better "auto" climate control in other vehicles than I have in this LR4.

Just continues to stop working. It really seems like it has a mind of its own. Everyone is pretty stumped. I'll send you an update soon on PM as to what's going on.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can I say, a non stock LR4 vs a stock Toyota FJ Cruiser and a totally custom built Jeep Wrangler...
Weird way of comparing vehicles, even though it shows that they are all very capable in most conditions.

I thought so too, was wondering if that JKU was really still a JKU!
Nice to see the FJ since before I arrived into an LR4 frame of mind I ping-ponged off getting an FJ, 4Runner, and JKU for months. The 4Runner was the front runner since the JKU lacks some airbags and the FJs funky back doors (we have 2 small ones), but in the end I actually wanted some luxury with my truck and 4Runner has none of that IMO. After seeing this I'm more excited about my upcoming LR4 than before.

Now I'm off to google "left foot breaking" :confused:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that because when I see you over there I laugh that I talk to you more over here.
I don't really post a lot there, it's more for fun viewing and getting information. I've been on this forum for a few years, so it feels more familiar to me. Plus, there is a bit of information overload on that site.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just continues to stop working. It really seems like it has a mind of its own. Everyone is pretty stumped. I'll send you an update soon on PM as to what's going on.

Lemon law time yet?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemon law time yet?

Good call out NAS, there is an Attorney who has been contacted and is helping me with the current situation. If you want insights into my issues I can PM you as well. There are a few others on here that are somewhat up to speed on the issues I have had with my truck. I have not posted them openly quite like Waterndirt has (just snarky comments, see final sentence below for why) but will probably post an outcome thread once everything shakes out.

Ultimately extremely let down and frustrated with the entire experience so far.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between being way to aggressive into the water (electrics?), bashing the truck on its front like that (suspension, engine mounts, drivetrain), jumping it (uh, everything), scratching up the doors... I hope they compensated them well for that.

Great to see it on tv though, i think that show is pretty bad, and I love UK top gear even though its scripted. The US one is just badly scripted and badly acted. Those guys have no chemistry like Jezza, Captain and Hamster do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4