ok ******** question time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 D2, and of course have started to look for parts for it, here is what i dont understand...most websites that list the parts and such have the D1 listed as 96-99, and the D2 from 00-04, so how do i have a 99 D2? Only thing that i can think of is that mine may be a 99.5, but then the question is do i order for D2 or 99? Please help clear this up.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending what you looking for, i sppse. But you should be ok with 00 parts for most of time.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not a ******** question at all. I am still confused too. What I do know is that the 98 D1 Rovers were carried over to 99 (these were the leftovers). So the first D2's were in 1999, although they had D1 leftovers called 99's as well. So I think that the land rover discovery 2000 parts should work fine. Good luck! Post if you are looking for certain parts here and we can help you.

D

discomike

Chris,
You have a 99 D2 and that is what you call it when you go to the dealer and ask for parts, it isn't a 00. That is not to say that the parts from an 00 might not work on your truck, but alot of them don't.
So just think 99 and be safe, by the way that is what I have, it has been a great truck, what are you going to do with yours?
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcars-ltd to my recollection lists 99 with both d1 and d2.. as well as northeastbritishparts.com, and few others.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your lights are close to the roof, it's a D2

If your lights are close to the bumper, it's a D1

Simple as that ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member