on the subject of tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubicon

Reaction score
255/55/18
Ok, so I stopped by the local tire place(frees service and tire center) to price some Geolander HT/S. They have a buy 3 get one free deal. I thought I'd check it out. He said they run $260 a piece?!?! That is before mounting/balancing/etc. I walked out.

I am going to go price some Grabber AT/2 today. Anyone know about how many miles I can get out of them with proper rotate/balance?

Also, anyone every buy from tirereck.com?
DO they ship to your house? Have you ever had any trouble getting a tire shop to put them on for you?

thanks..

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
I got a set of Michelin LTX M/S 255/65/16 tires from TireRack about a year ago. They're an All season tire, I have an extra set of mud tires I use for offroading. TireRack shipped them to my place, UPS or FedEx, can't remember. Then I took them to a local tire shop and they mounted and balanced them for me, no trouble what so ever. I think on Tire Rack's website, they have a list of approved garage's in most area's, Tire Rack can ship them to the garage you choose on their list, so you won't have to worry about transporting them yourself.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 4 geolanders installed for $912 CDN including taxes (15%) ....

No problems so far ... did it 2 1/2 years ago! Great in 95% of the situations to date. Snow tires would be better in severe winter conditions. Other than that, I am happy with them.

healey1006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought from tirerack before with no problems. They shipped to my door via UPS. I've also used discounttire.com with good results. Most recently, I got the best price around for a couple michelin XPC from mavistire.com.

Finding a place to mount tires you didn't buy from them can be a problem. I used to go to Sears for mounting but now they won't do it for me anymore but I've found a local mom & pop auto repair/tire shop that is willing to do it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM