Ordered HSE .... They Delivered Base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if you ever go to sell this thing in the secondary market, I'd assume a base is much less desirable than an HSE or Lux. Def a huge screw up on the dealers part. I think their $500 off + accessories was pretty insulting. I would demand a bunch of accessories off as well as a discount if you re-order from them. Hopefully for you, you have some kind of leverage by threatening to go to another local LR dealership...

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if you ever go to sell this thing in the secondary market, I'd assume a base is much less desirable than an HSE or Lux. Def a huge screw up on the dealers part. I think their $500 off + accessories was pretty insulting. I would demand a bunch of accessories off as well as a discount if you re-order from them. Hopefully for you, you have some kind of leverage by threatening to go to another local LR dealership...

that is true as they go by the vin# for resale. Accessories do not add much to the resale value but more of an incentive.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at dealership, this is what they are doing ...

$3000 off msrp, free winter mats & trunk liner.

GM said when 2015 orders go live at end of summer, they will put an order in for an HSE for delivery with first shipment around december. He estimated that delta cost 7 months from now will be around $2500.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, that doesn't seem like all that great of a deal. I got almost that on my 2014 that is on-time and correct.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at dealership, this is what they are doing ...

$3000 off msrp, free winter mats & trunk liner.

GM said when 2015 orders go live at end of summer, they will put an order in for an HSE for delivery with first shipment around december. He estimated that delta cost 7 months from now will be around $2500.

However good or bad the deal may be. It allows you to drive the LR4 until then and switch over to the correct model in a few months.
The dealerships are pretty busy and seem to be able to sell their inventory pretty fast which means that as buyers we have little leverage, except maybe if we threaten to review them poorly (and even then...).
If it were me, I'd probably take the deal. Maybe ask for a couple accessories on top when you get your 2015 HSE.

Last edited:

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However good or bad tye deal may be. It allows you to drive the LR4 until then and switch over to the correct model in a few months.

Oh, is that part of the deal? I didn't read it that way. How would the transition work when the 2015 arrives? I'd want to get that part in writing.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they'll let you use the 14 then swap the '14 for a '15 for $2,500 including all the options you were supposed to get??? I'd make sure its all spelled out VERY clearly on paper with any mileage, wear and tear, condition restrictions clearly spelled out. If salesmen change, GM whatever, without this all in writing it's all here-say. They screwed up once so it can happen again.

I can see the forum header seven months from now "dealer made me buy the wrong car but promised to trade for nothing and now has no recollection of the deal so now i'm stuck"

I'd want it in iron clad writing acknowledge by the owner/uppermost management JUST IN CASE.....

If they're suggesting something different, like we'll re-order it, it's 7 months away and $2,500 more than we quoted I'd make them eat the $2,500, its their mistake, not yours, you should not be penalized. LRNA, BBB, local news could be valid threats/actions to take if they won't play ball.

Last edited:

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already sold our other car to add to all this stress, so I was backed into a corner to make this work somehow because our family can't be without a car for 3-4 months. I understand this is not a great deal, but at least I am driving an LR4 in the mean time. The LR4's are in such high demand here that dealers are getting sticker, they know they could have screwed me over and made $3k more elsewhere but I trust that they are trying to fix this properly so I don't go to LRNA or BBB.

I picked up the car yesterday w/ a total of $3k off MSRP plus mats & trunk liner. We have an agreement that I will be their first order for a MY2015 and they will give me a big discount, I prefer this over a MY2014 delivered in August.

In December, I'll trade in my LR4 Base, I'm guessing with about 7k miles. They will take care of me on the trade in value so the net cost to me should be ~$2500 for a new 2015 LR4 with 0 miles.

Yes there is a lot of trust I am putting in to them, but this whole conversation was with the GM of the store, not just the sales rep. If they screw with me then I'll reply to this thread and share their info for a dealership to avoid. As well as report them to LRNA, etc .... If they take care of me as promised then I'll promote their honesty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM