overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kweakley

Reaction score
My 99 disc 1 with 130k is overheating mostly when driving with AC on. I flushed radiatior yesterday and previously the thermostat. Thought it fixed problem b/c we drove it around town with a/c on, and it didnt overheat. When got off highway later that day it begin to overheat. Any help would be appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like either the electric fans are bad, or the clutch is bad in you clutch fan.

kweakley

Reaction score
The electric fan on radiator comes on and runs, or can they still be malfunctioning. How can I determine if the fan clutch is bad.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced your coolant, did you bleed the system completely, also, where is the bleeder screw on your truck, do you have the new hose up-grade that has the bleeder screw located on the black plastic tee, if not, that needs to be replaced ASAP.

Daymeon

Reaction score
When you replaced your coolant, did you bleed the system completely, also, where is the bleeder screw on your truck, do you have the new hose up-grade that has the bleeder screw located on the black plastic tee, if not, that needs to be replaced ASAP.
Mike, where is the bleeder hose on the 2000 Disco II? How do I remove the accelerator cable from the throttle body without messing up its calibration. I have to replace the throttle body heater plate.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You do not have to remove the accelerator cable to fix the gasket on the heater plate.. I have done it several times, it isn't hard to remove the cable, just not required.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635