P0734 Gear 4 ratio incorrect, 2000 D2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RhodeRanger

Hello all, Just jumped on rover world to check out some tech about a disco2 I'm working on for my g/f's sister.

On the 2000 D2

had a couple codes
P0447 -EVAP vent circuit open - Fixed - reconnected plug to vacume solinoid in engine compartment passenger side behind battery - the last mechanic left it off! Engine light is off now!

Second code P0734 = gear 4 ratio incorrect.

Anybody know what that could be? She doesn't note any driving quirks - but its also her first automatic trans so she doesn't know what wrong would be..

Also, I see there is no trans fluid dip on the D2, how can the fluid be checked?

And tips are greatly appriciated,

thanks

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some guys will not check in till tonight or tomorrow...try waiting more than 27 hours for your answer....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This code is a common one that points to an MAF error. Try cleaning the MAF with electronic parts cleaner?

R

RhodeRanger

Thanks for the tip, next time I see the vehicle in my driveway.. I'll give it a blast!

- i had found somewhere that the generic code reader was not absolute, and that code was a MAFS code.
I looked at the MAFS that day, theres a plastic mesh over it that looked a bit scuzy, as did the filter - this disco needs a little PM.

Moose said:
Some guys will not check in till tonight or tomorrow...try waiting more than 27 hours for your answer....

yeah, well, I'm a bit spoiled from TheRangerStation forums!! sorry.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
There is not a tranny dipstick on the D2. I have some info that can be sent to you via pdf if you want more detailed info on how to check it. It is a real pain in the ass..Sorry for the harsh words but that is the truth.

R

RhodeRanger

RoverChic said:
There is not a tranny dipstick on the D2. I have some info that can be sent to you via pdf if you want more detailed info on how to check it. It is a real pain in the a$$..Sorry for the harsh words but that is the truth.

Yeah, I figured as much, its proabaly similar to the VW Passat we have - its like a bently transmission. Fun

Thanks for the offer, but I won't have to check it - its not my vehicle.
And by the way they maintain it - I'm staying clear of it...tic tic tic BOOM.

Cleaned the MAFS - it was crusty - didn't clear the code _ the filter needs a change too.

Valve cover leaks oil, checked the level - ....was 2.5 qts low.. Yikes.

I made some suggestions - i hope they take the it in for some service..
Poor disco.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635