paddles on steering wheel...yuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas225

Reaction score
Maybe i am in the minority here, but i hate the location of the paddles. i am constantly hitting them when i get aggressive with the steering wheel - i like to use the palm of my hand against the wheel/spoke area to ****** turn and my fingers jam into the paddles.

I have searched and found interest in installing paddles to wheels that dont have them, but nothing the other way around. has anyone here removed them and, if so, what did you do to cover up the requisite hole that they left?

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe i am in the minority here, but i hate the location of the paddles. i am constantly hitting them when i get aggressive with the steering wheel - i like to use the palm of my hand against the wheel/spoke area to ****** turn and my fingers jam into the paddles.

I have searched and found interest in installing paddles to wheels that dont have them, but nothing the other way around. has anyone here removed them and, if so, what did you do to cover up the requisite hole that they left?

like aggressive steering offroad? The instructors at the LR experience actually prefer the paddles because it compliments everything they teach about steering wheel hand placement for off roading. Per the instructors, you should have both hands always on the steering wheel when moving and they should be at 9 and 3. One hand is to shuffle the wheel while the other is gripping/releasing, this way you can quickly correct since neither hand ever has to leave the wheel. Never understood the value of the paddles until taking the course. Now I see the "knob" as a hindrance and prefer the paddles.

Douglas225

Reaction score
like aggressive steering offroad? The instructors at the LR experience actually prefer the paddles because it compliments everything they teach about steering wheel hand placement for off roading. Per the instructors, you should have both hands always on the steering wheel when moving and they should be at 9 and 3. One hand is to shuffle the wheel while the other is gripping/releasing, this way you can quickly correct since neither hand ever has to leave the wheel. Never understood the value of the paddles until taking the course. Now I see the "knob" as a hindrance and prefer the paddles.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I meant off road. My off road driving can be fairly fast and does not include any rock crawling. Regardless, I'm always open to trying something different and learning from others.

Only has them (lr4) for a few months now, I will try and find value.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9