Pictures of Safari 4x4 Snorkel...(Finally)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

Freeflytim

Fugly. very fugly. and Thats the common consensus everywhere going way back when it was first seen on the G4 thing way last year. I *really* hope you are not thinking of getting one.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I don't live in a place where sand/dust is the norm. (I personally question the advantages of a snorkel in less than extreme scenarios, especially with the location of the stock intake.) I also don't plan on taking my LR3 wading in more than 27" in water... Sorry, guys, but no snorkel is going to keep a submerged gasoline engine going. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freeflytim

There ya go grommet, ruining all the fun. I was SO hopeing for a future pix of a drowned truck... You know... a pix of an open door with water up the wood grain steering wheel. :)

M

Matt_Grim2

Na I am not thinking about getting one just thought I would let everyone know what it looks like, there really isn't a use for it, plus i think you are just stickin on extra plastic that you don't need...

A

Amir

if the snorkel is not going to keep a submerged motor running then why do they make it and what is the advantage...

M

Matt_Grim2

Amir said:
if the snorkel is not going to keep a submerged motor running then why do they make it and what is the advantage...

I have seen videos of the Safari 4x4 Snorkel on a Disco II that allowed it to drive into a river & float down it (engine still running) but I don't see a pratical use for it other than just you like the look...

F

Freeflytim

Dusty conditions. But with the intake where it is on the D3/LR3 its not needed. When you see snork on other Rovers, the intake is under the hood and it sucks all that crud into the engine compartment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99