Pictures of Safari 4x4 Snorkel...(Finally)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A

Amir

how much is the snorkle anyway, sounds like it could be useful in some scenarios...

P

PCH

toddjb122 said:
Holy crap those are some impressive pictures!

So, what 4WD setting do you think you'd use for a water crossing? Think you leave DSC on or off? I'd hate to discover any 4WD intricacies that slow things down too much in the middle of a crossing like that!

Most of the crossings I've done have had river rocks in them so I set the TR to Rock Crawl and left it in LR Drive. None have been above sill level so far.

Chris

M

Matt_Grim2

Amir said:
how much is the snorkle anyway, sounds like it could be useful in some scenarios...

I too am interested in the Price of the G4 Snorkel now that I have seen them both ? anyone have a price ? Availibility ?

A

Amir

looking at the installing instructions on the owner's site, i am kinda reluctant to put the G4 snorkle now as it seems like the installation requires drilling holes here and there on the truck. Would have been cool if it were a snap on kinda stuff...

M

Matt_Grim2

Amir said:
looking at the installing instructions on the owner's site, i am kinda reluctant to put the G4 snorkle now as it seems like the installation requires drilling holes here and there on the truck. Would have been cool if it were a snap on kinda stuff...

What I am planning on doing is purchasing the item then putting it on as stated in the beginning of the instructions and seeing if I like it before I drill the wholes...

F

Freeflytim

If you install a snork on a D3/LR3 you are just a freaking POSER. The truck does NOT need it. Its farking EYE CANDY.

I can't wait to LAUGH MY ASS OFF AT YOU when you post a picture of it when you get it installed. Jeez.

WHY DO YOU WANT IT????

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, I think it's time to stop using our vehicles. I say we join the Scion xB scene. It's a similar boxy design, and we can hang out at 'Hot Import Nights' events instead of off-roading. We can reminisce about the "good ol' days" while fitting custom LED encrusted snorkels to our subwoofer enclosures.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not use velcro to attach the snorkel, that way you wouldn't have to drill all those nasty holes :tongue: Just a thought .

Cheers
John

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
Tim, I think it's time to stop using our vehicles. I say we join the Scion xB scene. It's a similar boxy design, and we can hang out at 'Hot Import Nights' events instead of off-roading. We can reminisce about the "good ol' days" while fitting custom LED encrusted snorkels to our subwoofer enclosures.
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:rofl:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99