Pro Comp Shocks for Disco 1's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey on RoversNorth they have a set of 4 pro comp shocks for $170. Seems like a really good price. Aren't these good shocks? Would they work with stock springs? I'm probably going to replace my worn out shocks sometime and these seem like a good route to go. On E-bay you can get 4 Bilsteins for around $270 and 4 Monroes for about $170. With shipping the pro comps are probably around $200-210 I'm guessing. I want to go with the best shocks, but I'm also on somewhat of a budget, so should I save up for the Bilsteins, or get the Sensa-Tracs, or get these Pro Comps? What do you think the "best" option would be?

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/pc-4615-411-pro-comp-shock-set-of-4-discovery-i-kit.aspx

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you planning to do with the truck? What are road conditions like where you live?

ProComps are cheaper, but with aftermarket parts you often get what you pay for. Look through some of the Jeep boards at the opinions of ProComps; lots of people hate them and talk about them blowing out after not many miles.

You should also consider Old Man Emu shocks. They're made in Australia and are designed for heavier SUVs like Rovers, Toyota Land Cruisers, etc. You can get different lengths too, which helps if you offroad and want additional suspension travel.

Oftentimes people are selling used shocks they bought for a project and no longer want. Try www.landroverexchange.com, or EBay, and see if there are OMEs on there.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the advice. I'm not really doing much off-roading so I might just go with some Monroe's. The procomps just looked really cheap and I thought they might be a good shock, but I guess not. Thanks for the exchange link too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM