Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does it sound like?

Sort of rotary metallic noise that you can hear with the windows down at slow speeds?

I have actually noticed a sound like this. Based on your experience, what might that be?

kibby65

Reaction score
I have actually noticed a sound like this. Based on your experience, what might that be?

Without a tear down i would guess a pinion are carrier bearing. checking online and it looks like it is cheaper to replace as a unit than to rebuild,Whole assembly without locker is about 925.00. for part and about a four hour job so i am gonna just replace the unit !!

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For me it was a failing rear diff.

The inside lining of the diff was flaking off, and contaminating the diff oil, causing extreme me diff wear by 50,000 miles.

Had to have a new diff :mad:

motz

Reaction score
i purchased used lr3 about a year ago andi noticed there is a line on the dashboard (passanger side). i thought it was a cut-out of the airbag or something but
every time when i see it, it gets bigger and bigger and finally realized that
dashboard is cracked.
is tehre supposed to be a line around the dashboard? if so im thinking it just got biiger by heat. or is it supposed to be a total smooth surface.

if it is a crack, would that be corvered by the warranty? cuz mine is going to end in july,

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 159

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be totally smooth. Yours is cracked. Should be covered though.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do not mention where you live. Yes, it is a crack, and should be covered by warranty if you are still covered. Run to the dealership ASAP.

Good luck.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can see the faint out line of the airbag normally, but that sh*t is done.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could how you thought it was supposed to be like that, it cracked so evenly...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635