Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prconquet

Reaction score
question for you. when your vehicle in running and in park do you get a clicking noise from under the dashboard by your feet when you step on the brake pedal??

tdrewd00

Reaction score
So I have a 2005 lr3 and and have no problems of significance, that is until recently. A few days ago, I cMe to an abrupt stop which triggered a reaction I. Which all my dash warning lights displayed and the message center indicTed something with the brakes, and then went away. Nothing after that, everything appears normal....until today. Driving in a little stop and go traffic when for no apparent reason my entire dash illuminates and this time almost every fault was in the message center leaving only the park break fault, transmission fault (my car wouldn't at this time move past 3 rpm). So with the advice of land rover service employee, I pulled off the road, turned my car offend once again everything was back to normal, no faults, no illuminated problems on dash. Called the lr employee back and said it,s possibly the battery, and doesn't,t think I need to bring it in u less it does it again.

Please let me know if anyone has any impute or similar problems with their lr3!

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2005 lr3 and and have no problems of significance, that is until recently. A few days ago, I cMe to an abrupt stop which triggered a reaction I. Which all my dash warning lights displayed and the message center indicTed something with the brakes, and then went away. Nothing after that, everything appears normal....until today. Driving in a little stop and go traffic when for no apparent reason my entire dash illuminates and this time almost every fault was in the message center leaving only the park break fault, transmission fault (my car wouldn't at this time move past 3 rpm). So with the advice of land rover service employee, I pulled off the road, turned my car offend once again everything was back to normal, no faults, no illuminated problems on dash. Called the lr employee back and said it,s possibly the battery, and doesn't,t think I need to bring it in u less it does it again.

Please let me know if anyone has any impute or similar problems with their lr3!

It is very likely the battery. A lot of people with 05s have been having similar problems lately. Swap it out and see if that fixes it.

tdrewd00

Reaction score
So I hear! The terminals look a little corroded, try to clean up before replacing! This battery is huge....how much do they run, cost wise?

tdrewd00

Reaction score
On a different note, does anybody else experience a slight jump or **** when braking to a complete stop in their lr3? And occasionally if I try to hit the gas too rapidly my whole car does this awful ****, like I ran over a big pothole!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a different note, does anybody else experience a slight jump or **** when braking to a complete stop in their lr3? And occasionally if I try to hit the gas too rapidly my whole car does this awful ****, like I ran over a big pothole!

A known problem with a software update. Transmission related. See Dealer for download. I don't think it completely eliminates the bang, but it sure softens the blow. The rig just dislikes Hollywood stops.

kibby65

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 with a rear Differential noise can anyone help me out

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 with a rear Differential noise can anyone help me out

What does it sound like?

Sort of rotary metallic noise that you can hear with the windows down at slow speeds?

kibby65

Reaction score
What does it sound like?

Sort of rotary metallic noise that you can hear with the windows down at slow speeds?

No it is more of a pinion are carrier bearing noise ,matallic sound and more audible at 45-75 mph

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635