Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did "the shop" dissassemble the suspension system to replace a starter?

sherry

Reaction score
I may be using the wrong term. They said they had to remove the wheel on the front passenger side and go in through there to get to the starter.

2Rovers

Reaction score
I've had my 2006 LR3 HSE for just over a year and I have had a few goofy issues...
-PDC was going rogue several times
-Bluetooth Module had to be replaced
-Transmission had to be reprogrammed for the jerky shifts issue
-The 4 new tires I had put on (all Goodyears) are wearing very quickly with only 13k miles on them so far. I had the alignment done at the same time.

My Rover dealer is usually pretty good at fixing things but they don't always stay up to date on the LR Tech bulletins. If it wasn't for LandRoverTechInfo.com I wouldn't have been able to educate the dealer on the transmission jerking, and stiff suspension mode setting before getting an alignment! I had to print the bulletins and take them with me.

I have to say I still love the vehicle. As a matter of fact this is my second rover. The first is a Disco2 that I gave to my 16 year old hoping he'll take care of it as I did.

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is in the shop now. 24,875 miles, Needed the 4-wheel alignment, plus a few things. The rubber strip (rain diverter) over the two doors on the passenger side was falling off, the outside A-Pillar cover on the passenger side was falling off, the third-row seat belt on the drivers side stopped retracting, and the rear lower tailgates retracting cable on the drivers side frayed. Nothing major - love this truck.

BJ

seanFLA

Reaction score
Hi, i'm getting ready to purchase either an LR3 or LR4. From what i am reading on here, it appears LR has not really addressed the tire/bushing problems from 2005. I find that a bit distrubing for starters. But anyway, I asked the salesman i am dealing with about this issue. His reply is:

"They revised the bushings and alignment components. The bushings would
settle and cause 'toe-in' which resulted in abnormal tire wear and
excessive tire chopping and cupping. All the problem vehicles were
recalled by Land Rover and in some cases, the customer received a free set
of tires."

Is this a fact? or for the mechanics on here would this even solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

john

No there wasn't any recall. I have an early build 2006 and can assure you I went through the same bushing/tire issues mentioned. Went through two sets of tires. I even called LR corporate about it and believe me when I say they weren't offering any new tires despite it being a warranty issue in my own opinion. My first set of tires wore to the inside cords by 16K it was so bad. LR should have been embarassed about it, but said it was a normal wear and tear issue. The salesman was outright lying to you. They eventually got the new alignment specs out at my third alignment. No huge tire wear issues (other than loud), but these cars do chew through tires like nobody's business.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is in the shop now. 24,875 miles, Needed the 4-wheel alignment, plus a few things. The rubber strip (rain diverter) over the two doors on the passenger side was falling off, the outside A-Pillar cover on the passenger side was falling off, the third-row seat belt on the drivers side stopped retracting, and the rear lower tailgates retracting cable on the drivers side frayed. Nothing major - love this truck.

BJ

Does the dealer perform the alignment as part of the warranty coverage? My car is veering to the right and I have asked how much it would cost, they said 122.61. The car has a service contract as well up to 37,500 miles. Would appreciate your feedback.

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the alignment was not covered and it cost me $129. Everything else was covered.

Natalie.B

Reaction score
Great truck. If you are willing to deal with various trips to the dealer to fix nusiance items and quirks then go for it. Otherwise get a Japanese vehicle. I have a love/hate with my LR3. I love the truck, but I hate the trips to the dealer to fix the annoyances. I do not use mine for off road ventures. It's an everyday street vehicle.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Medical world there is something called "atrophy" commonly seen in the muscles, although it can affect other organs as well. Lack of use causes them to be underdeveloped and weak.

It is my belief that vehicles can atrophy as well. If all you do is go to work, the country club, drive the kiddies to soccer practice, go grocery shopping, etc... then your poor truck is wasting away from lack of proper use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112