programming garage door opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
anyone had any luck with this? i cant even get it to flash red. it flashes yellow when i try to clear all codes.

i have a genie pro max PMX-IC B SERIES garage door

trying a shot in the dark for any insite on this subject.

thanks.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone had any luck with this? i cant even get it to flash red. it flashes yellow when i try to clear all codes.

i have a genie pro max PMX-IC B SERIES garage door

trying a shot in the dark for any insite on this subject.

thanks.

I went through the same thing - I don't think my '07 has a red led but I went by the yellow flashing. I also noted I had to hold the allocated button in for a few seconds on each press to get recognized. Took a bit of doing over but I got there in the end. The book I read said keep pressing your allocated button until the garage door activates - for me that took three presses, not two....

Trynian

Reaction score
There is a special proceedure for the genie, I went through the same thing. I do not remember off the top of my head from over a year ago but I found the answers in the genie manuel.

Trynian

Reaction score
ok. ill keep working at it.

thanks.

After thinking about it overnight, I think I recall it was just one extra step after you do the noremal proceedure, I had to push a button on the actual door opener motor to activate it. I recall finding that in the genie manuel.

racoco

Reaction score
There is a "learn" button on the garage door operator. Press that and (for mine) you have 30 seconds to get in the car and finish the sequence. Good luck.

Last edited:

NewRover2008

Reaction score
i just bought a new remote (only 1 of the 2 remotes was working). id still like to get the one with the vehicle to work eventually though. $35 for a universal new remote. cheaper on Amazon.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no mention here of telling the garage door you are adding a device. You need to push the button on the garage door unit to put it into the mode to receive a new remote device. Then follow the procedure on the Rover.. It worked for me after a few minutes on fiddling around and has held the code ever since.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have spent too many hours trying to figure homelink. My quickest answer is to call the garage door manufacturer hot line and they will guide you thru it. No shame on that!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax