ProSpeed slider install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so impressed with the attention to detail. Two holes on the driver side need to be modified to line up. Guesss we'll see about the passenger side when we get to it. Pretty annoying.
IMG_1079.JPG

Last edited:

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal but annoying. Same problem one hole on the passsenger side. Glad I waited to do this at my buddies hot rod shop as not having access to real tools would have been mega frustrating.

Obligatory post install gas station pic...

Snapseed.jpg

Overall I'm stoked on the sliders. Nice piece of kit, just wish they'd have been a bit more precise with their hole placement. Had to shave a bit out of three holes to git er done. It wasn't just removing the Raptor coating, metal had to be removed to get the screws to thread properly.

Perseus

Reaction score
how about a pic under showing the protection inward? curious about that

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about a pic under showing the protection inward? curious about that

Will do as soon as I find somewhere dry to get under the truck. Snowing here again today.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. Manufacturing tolerances result in moving targets, in this case attachment points. My local Rover accessory shop requires you to drop off a vehicle for fabrication of bumpers and sliders as all vehicles are somewhat unique.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. Manufacturing tolerances result in moving targets, in this case attachment points. My local Rover accessory shop requires you to drop off a vehicle for fabrication of bumpers and sliders as all vehicles are somewhat unique.

I'm jealous that you have a local Rover accessory shop. The only Rover guys around here only want to work on the analog type. They won't touch a new rig for all the tea in China. I've literally tried to hand them money to do simple **** like this (time / value equation rarely makes sense for me to do it myself) but they refuse.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Voyager Sliders didnt all line up either.

Maybe they fixed it. Mine fit perfectly. Just put them on a floor jack, rolled them into place and bolted up.

I do still debate about going to the tactical sliders for more protection, since the voyagers don't protect the air compressor. But .. weight. I do love the way the voyagers look. I think round bar looks better than the square.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great! I have the Tactical 4x4 sliders and they were pretty easy to bolt up, but I did have to apply some rubber strips to where they articulate with the frame (due to creaking, a common problem). Their protection was amazing and fit and finish great. After the winter, I am going to drop them again, clean them, and re-paint. I also have the gas tank skid and transfer case skid and they work great, though the transfer case skid does hang a bit lower than I expected.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM