Purhcase a diesel engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToiletDuck

Reaction score
I own the 2004 Freelander in the US with the V6 2.5L engine. Is there anyway that I could take this vehicle and put the diesel engine in it? Would it require a lot of modifications? I LOVE diesel engines and would rather have that I think than the 2.5L gas. Thanks for any responses.
Duck

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the Freelander can be equipped with a diesel in every country but the USA, I would say getting a diesel would just be a matter of finding one.

ToiletDuck

Reaction score
Know a good place I could start looking for one? Would you happen to know where I could possibly purchase upgrades for the 2.5L v6? I know on Jeep Grand Cherokees you can put a throttle body spacer along with an induction kit. Increases your low end torque and adds power overall along with 4-5mpg increase. I'd really just like to put the diesel in there for the higher torque. Don't know why they don't sell them in the US. It would be nice if I could pull our boat out of the water with this guy. It's a 22foot bay boat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo