Q's about a-frame bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reed_HSE

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the winch and non-which a-frame brush gaurd for the lr3. Would a which compatible guard work without the winch and what would be the difference. Also what winches are compatible with the winch a-frame bar.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is physical. The winch option is missing an extra cross-bar I think...which allows for the winch to be mounted. Yes you can mount a winch-compatible bar on the rig without the winch. If you think you might eventually get a winch and would want to use the A-frame still (and not an ARB or other winch-bumper) then this would be the option to go with.

I'm not sure which winches are mountable on it besides the one that LR sells (a 9000 lb Warn of some variety)

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The landrover technical site (ownerinfolandrover.com or close to that address) has accesory fitting instructions for both a frames (winch and non-winch). You can get a sense of what it would look like to put the winch version on the D3 - but without a winch by looking at the instructions. My personal opinion is that without a winch the a frame (winch version) looks a little strange.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the opposite. If I inherited an non-winch a-frame from the previous owner and wanted to add a hidden winch - Think it could be hollowed out? Rasta said no, but didnt elaborate enough to dissuade me.

Reed_HSE

Reaction score
well either way does anyone know where you can find the best deal on either or if anyone has a used guard they are selling. The best price i've found was 600 for the non winch.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craigslist or Ebay. Dealers seem to be holding prices.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax