Question for all... Server?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if everyone has liked the server that we are currently hosted on? Have any of you thought that this site is really SLOW when trying to view a thread? Please let me know if this server has been good enough for everyone or if you would like to see the site faster.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything loads fine here -

Are you colocated/dedicated/hosted as of current?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam - seems ok from here. You cant get this board to load much faster as its got lots of formatting thingies in it. You can optimize bits in one's profile to get it faster, and you can switch to use better browser :) Opera and Firebird seems to work with it blazingly fast.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just a hosted site as of now. Been thinking of switching to dedicated so I can have more control over the server.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam, yeah you will get better control, but dedicated cost far more :)

Plus what kind of control you need anyway - i mean apart from software updates (some of hosters wont let you to update your own stuff anyway), and ability to reboot? Thats about it, really :)

With current amount of users this hosting seems to be doing great :) And it will offset cost to be about at least few dozen bucks/month more on current provider.

<<Edited to not freak Sam out :)>>

Last edited:

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in agreement with Sergei - it would probably cost more to host on a dedicated server. Everything seems to be working fine for me.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Slam..I love the site but can I have some more points please? I need to change my title ASAP!! thank you !!!!! Melissa

A

ayavner

Dang, Melissa.. hope i didn't hit a nerve.. was just guessing that you run into that alot, and thought it could be miscontrued (sp?) by anyone single and/or looking (not me thank goodness!).

by the way, what is the Latin? I took 4 years of it, and apparently my brain has gelled since then...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM