Quick Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoNana

Reaction score
2001 Land Rover Discovery SD with ... with basic to mid level options....... or accessories......... base sticker price?

bought mine in Feb.......... 2001 Discoevery SD.......... 48K.....black.....practically perfect..... only thing not working is the clock light........got a great price but wondering what the sticker price might have been...... any input appreciaed.

BTW - I really love this vehicle....... I have always been a car girl, but I have just fallen in love with this Land Rover Discovery...........
Michelle

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Original sticker price on an 01 SD... IIRC would be around 36 - 38K depending on options.

Clock light is an easy fix by the way, cost around $1.00

1) Go to the local auto parts store and buy these bulbs, which are a direct replacement for the OEM bulb: Sylvania European Lamps part no. 2721 (W2, 1W). They were about $2 and you get two.

2) Remove the bulb holder assembly from the clock. If you look at the bulb holder assembly, you'll notice that the bulb leads are soldered to the holder itself.

3) Remove the bulb from the holder, either by unsoldering it, or by using a pair of pliers to pull the bulb out of the holder. If you do this, the part of the leads that are soldered will remain behind.

4) Remove the two side clips from the plastic holder. Do this by pushing the indented part (which holds the clip into place) of the clip in with a small screwdriver and at the same time pulling up on the clip.

5) Now either a) bend the leads on the new bulb around the metal clips from the holder and solder them on, or b) just wrap them around the metal clip.

6) Push the indented part of the clip back out so that when you slip it back into the plastic holder, they will snap into place. Snap the two clips back into place.

7) Install new bulb holder into clock, and your clock will come back to life.

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original sticker price on an 01 SD... IIRC would be around 36 - 38K depending on options.

Clock light is an easy fix by the way, cost around $1.00

1) Go to the local auto parts store and buy these bulbs, which are a direct replacement for the OEM bulb: Sylvania European Lamps part no. 2721 (W2, 1W). They were about $2 and you get two.

2) Remove the bulb holder assembly from the clock. If you look at the bulb holder assembly, you'll notice that the bulb leads are soldered to the holder itself.

3) Remove the bulb from the holder, either by unsoldering it, or by using a pair of pliers to pull the bulb out of the holder. If you do this, the part of the leads that are soldered will remain behind.

4) Remove the two side clips from the plastic holder. Do this by pushing the indented part (which holds the clip into place) of the clip in with a small screwdriver and at the same time pulling up on the clip.

5) Now either a) bend the leads on the new bulb around the metal clips from the holder and solder them on, or b) just wrap them around the metal clip.

6) Push the indented part of the clip back out so that when you slip it back into the plastic holder, they will snap into place. Snap the two clips back into place.

7) Install new bulb holder into clock, and your clock will come back to life.

Would this step-by-step also be applicable for the auto climate control temperature buttons on a '03 HSE7???

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure on the buttons... but I am sure that it wouldn't be hard to remove them and change the bulb... I did the my clock light and center shifter lights in the NAPA parking lot, with the whole center console partial removed so I could also fix the CDL.

Just takes a little patients and time.

DiscoNana

Reaction score
Thanks Joey!
I looked at the clock light issue.... but I can't determine how to get the face plate off the clock!!! How does that work? And I am not a mechanically proficient person. I think I could replace the bulb based on your previous instructions if I could just get to the bulb!! You can laugh... I was... I sat out in my car .. in the garage.. for over an hour trying to figure out how to get to the bulb!!! I mean...I am a old school ER Nurse... I can restart your heart but I can't figure out how to change a light bulb!!!
Michelle

bleizit

Reaction score
Consumer Guide Pricing:

2001 LR Disco SD Retail Price: $33,350 Dealer Invoice: $29,685 Destination Charge: $645

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd