Rear a/c issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MST

Reaction score
Anyone have any problems w/ rear a/c? I didn't see any similar threads. When I switched it on yesterday after I had been driving for a while, it would only blow hot air. When Igot home , I pulled the rear panel off just to see if anything was messed up and the only thing I noticed was that the a/c lines were very hot. Is this normal? After I let it coll down for a couple of hours, I tried it again and it was blowing cool air. This has happened a couple of times but now we are starting to hit higher temps. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience -if not, looks like a trip to the dealer next week. :confused: Thanks
Mike

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear HVAC system for 2nd and 3rd row can either be controlled by the front controls, or by the roof controls in the 2nd row. Check to be sure that you are set to operate via front controls (see owner manual).

I suspect you have it set for rear control, and that the rear is set to heat.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack is correct that it's easy to push the rear button once too often and have that little red LED lit on the bottom (for rear control) versus top at A for front automatic controls. Seems that MST goes from cold to hot, though. There's a separate evaporator in the rear, but the refrigerant is shared and cycles through only one compressor, no? If so, seems more like a controls issue of some kind (if not Jack's kind) than an issue with the refrigerant cycle.

MST

Reaction score
I did check all rear controls. It seems this happens after driving for a while. I left the rear air on this morning and no problems about 20 min there and 20 min back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM