Rear climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

Sandalwood

Picked up 06 LR3 SE 7 seater yesterday. It was supposed to have the rear climate control package with second row controls and additional vents in second & third rows. Unfortunately it came with the 7 seats but no second row controls or additonal vents. Does anyone out there have a 7 seater without rear climate control that could give me an idea about the adequacy of the regular ventilation for the second and third row seats? I get the impression that the rear seats would be very hot in the summer and cold in the winter without good airflow to the back of the cabin. Am I wrong on this?

Thanks

X

xcursion

I thought the controls and vents came standard for 7 seaters. What did the dealer said about the missing features?

S

Sandalwood

Apparently there are 2 packages: RSP (rear seat package) and RSC (rear seat control). It would seem that you can order RSP without RSC (as happened with my vehicle) but not RSC without RSP. With RSC you get the controls regulating airflow to the 2nd & 3rd rows, 2 vents at 2nd row headliner, 2 vents at 3rd row C-pillar and one outlet at third row lower level. My vehicle lacks all of the duct work (& controls) which are factory installed options only.

X

xcursion

Didn't know there was such a difference. But what's done is done. Why look back? Enjoy your new purchase. I am sure the 2nd row would be fine. You still got the vents from the front center arm rest and you can always turn up the air when someone is in 3 rd row. For what its worth, I live in a tropical country and my wife closes the vents in the ceiling to keep blowing a/c in my kids' face and no one has ever complaints about not getting enough air.

R

roverall

Sandalwood said:
Apparently there are 2 packages: RSP (rear seat package) and RSC (rear seat control). It would seem that you can order RSP without RSC (as happened with my vehicle) but not RSC without RSP. With RSC you get the controls regulating airflow to the 2nd & 3rd rows, 2 vents at 2nd row headliner, 2 vents at 3rd row C-pillar and one outlet at third row lower level. My vehicle lacks all of the duct work (& controls) which are factory installed options only.

I have a 7-Seat with out rear air. Mine is an 05 LR3. I was told that all 06 models would have rear air as part of the rear seat package and you could not get one without the other. I got a loaner once with the rear air and it definitly had better air circulation.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct... In theory, North American 2006 marketing forces you to order the rear climate package when ordering the rear seat package now... but mistakes can happen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99