Rear light replacement for Discovery 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

How does one change the rear light bulbs for a D1? I saw no screws to loosen the rear light fixtures.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Access them from the inside, through the corners of the rear cargo area. There is a plastic panel that removes with IIRC (mine is permanently off) one bolt, giving you access to all four lights. Twist the lights out of their sockets to remove.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Moose,.....I got tired of smashing the lenses and doing it from the outside.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As everyone knows, I use my youngest child to reach in there to remove the bulb holders. It is easier for him to do it, plus he gets "valuable, hands-on Land Rover repair experience" which will help him when he "inherits" this Rover & all of its oddities! Get the kids involved, they (or @ least mine) enjoy sharing the "Labor of Love" that keeps the truck running day after day! If You don't have kids, borrow one from a friend or relative. Heck, where are you located? I can lend out my youngest @ n/c, or you can rent my oldest for only $125.00 a day, but he expects cash up front! Great kid, good mechanic! Have a nice day, LRW.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9