Rear Running lights out, brake lights work fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamfalcon

Reaction score
2008 LR3 52Kmiles

Rear brake lights work fine, but at night, one of my rear running (red) lights is out.

I opened up the assembly and the bulb is the same bulb for the brake light, I move it around and works but doesn't stay on.

Anyone with a similar issue?

teamfalcon

Reaction score
lol.........yeah...I guess I should have mentioned that I did replace the old bulb with a new one with no change.

tmcgraw

Reaction score
2008 LR3 52Kmiles

I move it around and works but doesn't stay on.

Sounds like you could have a lose connection. When I've had things of similar problems, for a quick fix sometimes you can use some vasoline and put on there to see if it makes the connection with that.

Vasoline is an awesome dielectric component. I actually put it on my battery terminals to keep them from getting all goo'd up.

teamfalcon

Reaction score
Sounds like you could have a lose connection. When I've had things of similar problems, for a quick fix sometimes you can use some vasoline and put on there to see if it makes the connection with that.

Vasoline is an awesome dielectric component. I actually put it on my battery terminals to keep them from getting all goo'd up.

I'll give it a shot. Can I place some foil, similar to the 'bonnet switch' failure solution?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you tried replacing it, you never know who you're dealing with on the internet, lol!
I'd still try the new bulb in the side that works, or the working bulb in the side that doesn't just to rule a bad bulb out.
If you have a volt meter, you could check to see if there is power as far back as the wiring before the socket, maybe it's just corroded or the solder broke? And here endeth the extent of my electrical expertise....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge