Rear Utility Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newthings

Reaction score
Installation of a Vision-X LED back flood light. 10 watt.

I wanted a rear utility flood light for backing and night activities for use with the hatch closed. I looked for a location and settled on a built in site inside the hatch release unit. I pulled the housing off an found a location opposite the LR logo. I cut a pocket in the hatch release module using the Vision-X housing as a template. I used JB Weld to fix the housing position and pointed the light down slightly. The top protrudes and the bottom is flush.
For power I went into the left side tail light and removed the bottom lamp. It is a 21 watt bright fog light. I used a splice clip on the brown (ground) and the Yellow with red stripe. I ran an 18 ga. wire pair from the splice clips to the rubber seal plug in the body. I punched a fine hole in the rubber and pulled the wires through. I ran the wires up to the top of the door frame. I removed the interior trim cover. I fed the wire through the rubber tube into the upper hatch and down to the holes feeding the stock wires to the license plate light and hatch release. I soldered the new wire pair to the Vision X supplied pigtail with removable plug.
I removed the fog bulb from the rear passenger side, also.
The rear fog position (Two clicks out on the headlight switch) will now light the rear light. The front fog lamps will also be on. The engine must be running.

Attachments

• Rearlight.JPG
    Rearlight.JPG
    744.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72