Rear wiper issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAJOD

Reaction score
After going through a car wash I noticed my rear wiper was pointed down, it was on the painted part of the rear gate.

When I grab it I can rotate it freely, I could feel no centering lock to put it where it should be.

I put it where it should be but after I use it, it seems to creep to where its wiping the tailgate and not the window.

Is there an adjustment?

RAJOD

Reaction score
I fixed it.

Called a LR dealship and got some instructions. Was EZ.

The rear wiper was below the glass and I could move it freely with my hand.
If I put it where it should be it gravity would just drop it down 30 degrees or so.

The fix was to remove that black cap and then put a socket on the bolt. I put the wiper where I thought it should go and gave it a 1/8 turn.

Seemed to fix it. I don't think there are any splines holding it. It seems to be just a friction fit. Which I guess is good, it will give way if something torques on it.

I could grab it now and still move it to a new position. I think the large nut probably loosens over time.

No need to tear the car apart to fix.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a different issue, apparently road salt and grime built up in that riveted joint, so there is minimal wiper pressure against the glass. I tried cleaning and lubing it but after a few days it stays away from the glass. I imagine the spring inside the arm is fatigued from fighting the stiff rivet joint all winter. Time for a new rear wiper arm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635