Rearview mirror and MagnaDonnelly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an interesting question. And I have, of course, read the other thread(s) on this topic.

My autodimming rearview mirror does not have a plug that connects it to the loom. Honestly, no plug. The wires are white, gray and black out of the back of the mirror, and go straight into the loom.

Strange? I think so. :p

MagnaDonnelly asks about the plug, and the wiring of the rearview mirror so replacement can be made easier. Has anybody else come across this?

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug

I didn't have the energy to take apart the whole roof mounted panel, so I just told them I couldnt find the plug. Mine also has the 3 wires. That worked fine, as I got my mirror the other day. I plan on just splicing the wires and soldering the new wires to the existing, thus making my job alot easier.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Good to hear the final manufacture of my disco's accessories wasn't finished on a backlot by Nigel and Graham in some unknown manner. ;)

Thanks Heem

M

montanablur

You dont have to take the ceiling panel off... access the plug through your sunroof control switch... It's super easy (I figured it out) certainly a lot easier than splicing wires... Took me about 40 minutes start to finish.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a note:::

We don't care if you have or have not read other threads about a certain issue. Post it anyways. Sometimes, when we talk about the same thing for the fourth or fifth time, we learn something new.

Good luck with your mirror issue!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah -- this isn't DWeb or Pirate 4x4 where you'll get flamed for asking a question that's been asked before. Usually someone will, at the worst, provide a link to another thread discussing the same question.

Andy

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of dweb, I've been witnessing some internet feuds there lately. It is hard to believe that some arguments go so far with adults. I play a game online with a bunch of young 'uns, and it is very similar. Silly stuff.

montanablur: I know what you mean. The problem is, there is no plug. ;) I pulled the sunroof switch cover off and couldn't reach any plug. Then I pulled off the entire thing, from end of visor to end of visor. The mirror was hanging loose from the mount and there was no plug. I followed the wires right into the loom. Slightly dismayed. lol...

I took some pictures, and sent them in with my second email. Unfortunately, they REALLY needed the pictures with the first email. I received a mirror, but it had the wrong mount attachment. My fault, I suppose. But I was at work when I took it all apart and took pictures, so couldn't email them then. Dangit! I mean dangit...I feel bad that they took their time to send me a mirror and I didn't give them the right info the first time. Oh well, new mirror coming soon. ;)

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I just installed my mirror. I went the splice route and it was super easy. I did take off a few of the panels in the overhead plastic to see if I could do it "right" - but this was to no avail. I simply cut the wire of the old one, and the new one, attached the three wires, applied some electric tape and tucked it all up in the headliner. works great, and it's so nice to be able to see out the rearview - and now I have map lights haha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90