Red Battery light came on today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do tell, I thought they are one of the premium aftermarket batteries. GIven that the vehicle will be used off road, it makes sense to install a gel battery like the Optima.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Optima is not a true gel, it is an AGM battery. (Absorbtive gas mat. . .) When it comes to recharging, gel and AGM, let alone wet, have different tolerances.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my battery replaced and my radio would not work for over a month then it began to work again I believe I had to drive the car so the battery and altenator would charge everything to it's fullest capicity so that the radio would function. Remember in the Landrover it will shut down your non essential components so that the vehicle runs at maximum capcity

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of the radios have a battery in them that when low will not allow the radio to reactivate, you may have lucked out.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't replaced the LR's yet but for my Audi's I've always with the Duralast gold from Autozone. Best price and good warranty in that size. I imagine they make'em for our LR's, worth a comaprison check.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac