Reduced engine performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced the thermostat, spark plugs, front and rear diff, and t- case. Ran it last night and most of today and it ran better than ever. So I get in a few min ago and I get a Reduced Engine performance on my info screen. What's that all about? Anyone have any thoughts.

dallascarstore

Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced the thermostat, spark plugs, front and rear diff, and t- case. Ran it last night and most of today and it ran better than ever. So I get in a few min ago and I get a Reduced Engine performance on my info screen. What's that all about? Anyone have any thoughts.

By no means am I an expert but judging from what you said and the fact you replaced the thermostat, I do know that engine temperature is within the perameters of reduced engine performance. If the engine is not heating to the proper temperature or is not reading the temperature it will go into loop mode which is reduced engine performance. Make sure you plugged up all sensors with the cooling system and make sure you got no water into one of the coil pack galleys. Hope this may help.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I noticed today that the only time I get a reduced engine performance message is when I put it into low range. Its not immediate, but after forward or reverse motion it will throw the message. I am not sure how locking the center diff would change the engine performance, but none the less its bothering me and have yet to find out why. Anyone have any ideas or possibly experienced this before?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo