Refitting of drivebelt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

hans01

I have just changed the air conditioning compresser and are now trying to install the drivebelt, without any luck. are the anybody with a god idea?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Diesel or petrol?

H

hans01

Its a diesel engine, and I have problems when I try to pull the tension pulley down, in order for me to get the belt over the flanges, I can not get it over without putting to much tension on the belt.

Do you have an idea how to do this

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sounds like the wrong sized belt or you have it routed incorrectly.

Attachments

• tdibelt.jpg
    tdibelt.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 51
H

hans01

Its the same belt, so it most be the routing, i will check it out again. by the way its a TD5 with air con.

H

hans01

Dear Joey, I have now checked the routing again, and also compared it with the picture i have from before the work and the routing are correct. by the way i drive a european model. I can not get the tension pulley all the way down so i can get the belt over the generator pulley flange. I have tried also to loosen the bolts on the air con pump in order to get more slack, What am i doing wrong?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I know in the past when I have had issues getting the tensioner all the way down, it ends up being the tool I am using, or placement of the tool.

Try to adjust the locaton of the tool or use a different style tool.

If using a wrench, try a socket and ratchet or even a breaker bar and socket.

I hope this helps.

H

hans01

Thank you I will try, they do not leave much space in those areas. but I see what I can do. Thank you for your advice

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112