Removeable screens for windows...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some GREAT ones from the UK

There is a company making them in the UK -- it was in disco3.co.uk -- palm automotive or something. Google it or look on british ebay

http://www.4trucks.co.uk/

They aren't roll up they are a fixed size and they attach via these little clips onto the plastic interior window framing pieces. They look like they were factory fit. They would be great for camping or if you have kids etc. The problem is, they arent as easily removable as some others.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an update on the magna screen...these things worked great! they are cheap too, only $15 a piece. they fitted well around the rear windows without any problems. we wedged a queen size air mattress in the back of the truck and had two small fans running. it really wasn't that bad of a night. we even had our two dogs sleeping up in the front seats.

http://www.magnascreen.com/

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a company making them in the UK -- it was in disco3.co.uk -- palm automotive or something. Google it or look on british ebay

http://www.4trucks.co.uk/

They aren't roll up they are a fixed size and they attach via these little clips onto the plastic interior window framing pieces. They look like they were factory fit. They would be great for camping or if you have kids etc. The problem is, they arent as easily removable as some others.

I have a set of these that we use just for additional shading for our kids on long trips (when we turn on the headrest DVDs). I would not recommend them to keep the bugs out as they don't seal to the frame of the window - the fit is pretty tight, but there are certainly small gaps in places...

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks comfy.

Were you using that ARB strap as a pillow? : )

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an update on the magna screen...these things worked great! they are cheap too, only $15 a piece. they fitted well around the rear windows without any problems. we wedged a queen size air mattress in the back of the truck and had two small fans running. it really wasn't that bad of a night. we even had our two dogs sleeping up in the front seats.

http://www.magnascreen.com/

Very cool! I'm buying a pair. The only issue I see is how you get in and out of the door after you apply those things. I guess you have to crawl over the front seats?!? Can't risk a gap...I camp over in Assateague National Park on occasion and the mosquitoes there will capitalize on ANY gaps to ruin my night's sleep...

Many times I find myself, not minding that I may be sleeping in the truck at night but, wondering what to do about the bugs (Which ends up having me looking for tent, hotel, or floor space somewhere instead). Those screens would be great.

Can I ask what you use for battery powered fans?

As an aside...that magna screen link is dead. Any idea where to buy it? Google didn't help...

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know why the link isn't working now. magna screen is somehow associated with "trout world." their link isn't working either.

you can actually position the screen so that it just sticks to the door. learned that one quickly.

i bought a couple battery powered fans, but the area were going to be camping had electricity at the campsites so i just ran an extension cord into the truck and powered 2 fans w/ that. eventually, i would like to get a 2nd battery installed.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI - The magna screen link works again.

I received my set yesterday & they look to be good quality. Can't wait to try em out!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads-up! just purchased a pair.

i like that there is only one size...i didn't have to get off the couch to measure. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99