Replace tires and bushings together??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Greetings,

Finally at 31k miles, I am replacing the GYs with 19" Scorpion ATR tires. I do have a lot of wear on the GYs. I'm thinking about replacing the bushings too when I take it to LR for the alignment.
Will replacing the bushings make a major difference in preserving tire wear? I will rotate the tires often too but I want to get as much life as possible out of these tires. Thanks for your responses.

Enjoy the holiday and happy new year!

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely bushings are not a problem. It was the appcray GY tires that LR installed that are the problem. 31k on GYs probably means you were due for new tires 15000 miles ago - might be some sort of record for putting up with the GY tires!

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Likely bushings are not a problem. It was the appcray GY tires that LR installed that are the problem. 31k on GYs probably means you were due for new tires 15000 miles ago - might be some sort of record for putting up with the GY tires!

Yeah, I kept them b/c I had not made up my mind as to whether I would keep the 19" rims or replace them with 18" (lots of tire selection here). I decided that I'll keep the 19s...I might consider switching them out if the ATRs do not produce.

MBA, do you or anyone else know when the bushings should be replaced? Is there a particular replacement period?

m5ccie

Reaction score
Are the bushings cracked or damaged? Why replace them if they are not broken? I have the ATR's on my 19s and love them. I did have the dealer do the alignment after I put them on. No issues for 3000+ miles.

Last edited:

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Are the bushings cracked or damaged? Why replace them if they are not broken? I have the ATR's on my 19s and love them. I did have the dealer do the alignment after I put them on. No issues for 3000+ miles.

Thanks for your response.

When I have the alignment done, I'll have the dealer check the bushings. I was going by the fact that the GYs had uneven wear. It was my understanding from many past complaints that the bushings were the main reason for uneven tire wear. Or was it the GYs only that were the direct cause? Also, are bushings covered under warranty if they are worn prematurely?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM