Ride Height Sensor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that...

I hope we are describing the same components. The bracket I have was difficult to cut and dulled a carbide bit on an air dryer. I'm also not clear what you would do with a hacksaw. My approach was to make horizontal "slots" out of each mounting hole so that it could be slid FWD. Also enlarging the access holes. The acoustic box may be a lost cause; we'll see.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...also, I didn't realize the bracket itself was contacting the slider and needed cutting. I thought it was the compressor so I focused on moving it all forward. Would you also suggest trimming the bracket on the rear too? Not a lot of edge margin with the holes where the compressor mounts with the "shocks."

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...also, I didn't realize the bracket itself was contacting the slider and needed cutting. I thought it was the compressor so I focused on moving it all forward. Would you also suggest trimming the bracket on the rear too? Not a lot of edge margin with the holes where the compressor mounts with the "shocks."

exactly. The Tactical L plate is basic steel in my opinion which was simple to drill but maybe my bit was new. The hack saw was for the triangular shaped removal area so that I wouldn't have to alter the slider at all.
The contact point is where the slider end bit that turns vertical contacts the bracket. I had to have the bracket mounted, raise slider up, make marks, then cut and even then I had to do a second time to get just enough removed.

DChapman on the other forum ran into same problem but chose to cut and bend the slider. I find that to be the wrong approach and wanted to avoid altering the slider coverage and galvanizing at all.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree on the approach; don't wanna modify the sliders at all. So in addition to moving the holes it sounds like I should trim as much off the back and top of that bracket as allowed while leaving edge margin. Concur?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, sorry i didn't get a photo of what i did.

I do highly suggest unplugging the compressor, removing both halves of box, quickly mount the bracket with 2 bolts, raise slider so you can see how I mean a triangular cut out.

I used a floor jack with rubber and balanced the slider to be easily moveable as I raised it into place.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. LR Bellevue is working with me to do this, so I'm hoping to minimize time on the lift/rack. I am attempting to get it right in one try, so your feedback is much appreciated. I think and hope that between trimming the back and top and then moving the holes 1.5 CM back, the whole assembly will fit without contacting the sliders.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good. who specifically are you working with in service and/or the tech?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am good friends with the service manager, Rahim. I am working with him and Michael Long the SA. Jacob is the tech I prefer to work with and is doing this job. He is very diligent.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that my dying compressor caused failures of the ride height sensors? First the front right then the front left? Have we seen anything like that before?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine are original with 102,000 now. The compressor only causes maybe lowering often but no more than someone who lowers often anyway.
Seems unlikely to be related.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9