Ride Height Sensor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I don't know how it can't be (related) though. I lose a height sensor, then a compressor shows to be weak and dying and then a week later I lose another height sensor? I could see the tank not filling fully and/or the EAS working in a degraded state and causing the sensors to go nuts. Maybe they don't fail per se but lose a calibration and throw a fault, maybe...?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....new wheel bearing going in Thursday :( Showed your crew my varios lr3 solutions. He said their AMK mount mods were similar but mine put it higher up into frame. They're going to get me an "air line repair kit" which is apparently a dealer "part" so that I can route the amk rear line more directly upwards.

I plan to remove the damn amk AGAIN to modify AGAIN the Tactical plate to push the amk forward a little bit. I think I can do this by simply extending the bolt slot horizontally. I also want to come up with some little splash shield to deflect crap coming off the rear tire into that spot because there is a small uncovered portion the fender liner doesn't cover... very wordy. tired.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about it yesterday while out for a run...the bottom of the little shock mounts are what is contacting. I think drilling (and painting) a relief hole or two in the slider would do the trick and not compromise the slider like the creation of a lowered pocket would. I'll do that at the 120k service in a few months. Hope I didn't post something similar already. I'm feeling some déjà vu right now.

twoboarders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find the cause of this? Today I experienced the exact same thing on my way to the office. First the right front and the screen showed the wheel down. It cleared itself and about 30 minutes later the left front did the same thing. Reset itself and its been fine all day today.

Is it possible that my dying compressor caused failures of the ride height sensors? First the front right then the front left? Have we seen anything like that before?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find the cause of this? Today I experienced the exact same thing on my way to the office. First the right front and the screen showed the wheel down. It cleared itself and about 30 minutes later the left front did the same thing. Reset itself and its been fine all day today.

clearly the problem was in going to the office...had you stayed home it never would've happened ;)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't learned anything else. I got the new compressor including a new calibration and all has been well...except for the LR3 thinking it was in Extended Height one morning when it was in Access. Raised it up and away I went no issues.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding member https://www.landroverworld.org/members/tlt.19334/For the spares that you have would you mind measuring the length of the front (short) and rear (long) sensor link that connects to the chassis?

Front link should be about 3.5" but wanted to confirm. I have adjustable ones and unfortunately locked my suspension system into the 30MPH error mode due to misadjusted link lengths. so first i need to get the oem link lengths then someone with an iid tool to unlock the error amd restriction.

No Idea, but I have 4 brand new ones still in the box I bought as spares a couple of years back, happy to look at them to see if they are different for you.

image.png

image.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9