Roaring noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some advise on a couple of issues?

1) Has anyone had problems with the radio or antenna, I am getting very poor reception. In my other cars there is really no problem…

2) There is a roar for lack of a better word. When I am driving down the highway there is a mild roar. Not too loud but loud enough to hear when the radio is on. It is not tires, when I let off the accelerator the noise goes away.
Has anyone experienced this before…

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge no, unless the dealer put some on, still under warranty…

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my radio reception will change when I play with the fan.
I get a roar when running the a/c or heat ect. but I do with all my vehicles. Extra strain on the motor

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, the roaring sound comes from the engine compartment or through your speakers?

AdvRide

Reaction score
Your cooling fan on the engine engages via eletronics. I had mine replaced within the first year because it would engage while cruising down the highway. They discovered mine was acting up when they ran a diagnostic check. You may want to have that looked at as it can cause you a few miles a gallon I would guess.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree about the cooling fan as a possible source - definately makes a "roar" noise while operating.

Not sure about the lions, unless you were driving past a zoo ;-) Or maybe the roar of the crowd when driving past a stadium?

Keep us posted...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that at low speeds; never heard it at freeway speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM