Rosen DVD install help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollywood619

Reaction score
If anyone has installed the factory DVD I would like a little help with experience and/or photos of the wiring portion.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed it... It was last winter and very cold, so I didn't want to spend extra time with pics...

what specific questions do you have?

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how much does it cost to buy the necessary parts and does it integrate fully with the sound system as if LR installed it?

Hollywood619

Reaction score
What I was wondering about were the directions regarding the wiring. The directions break down the color codes of the wiring to modify, I just wondered if they were accurate and difficult to find. Lastly, which direction to pull the A pillars off (in, back, angle)

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how much does it cost to buy the necessary parts and does it integrate fully with the sound system as if LR installed it?

I believe I paid about 1600 for it. It wasn't cheap, but its very good picture quality, and my son likes to play the included video games :)

It does integrate fully with the sound system. Installation was easy. You can listen via the wireless headsets or through the stereo speakers. Most of the time, the kids have the headsets on and my wife and I can listen to our own music.

One bug we did find is that when the DVD plays on the stereo, it is through the aux channel... We can also plug in the ipod and get sound from both the ipod and the DVD at the same time. Discovered that bug when the button on the DVD to play thru the stereo was accidently pressed. We thought something had gone wrong, but when the DVD was switched back to the headsets all was well.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I was wondering about were the directions regarding the wiring. The directions break down the color codes of the wiring to modify, I just wondered if they were accurate and difficult to find. Lastly, which direction to pull the A pillars off (in, back, angle)

The wiring was very easy. The pictures can be a little confusing, but they are accurate. If you don't see what the picture shows, most likely you are looking at the wrong thing. The colors and pin numbers were perfectly detailed. No wires need to be cut or spliced, its all done via quick connects.

The A pillar pulls basically straight out. I don't recall it being difficult, but I was a tad nervous with the air bags. Don't be. It is simple and the air bags are not affected.

I think the hardest part is running the wires from the dvd console to the A pillar. It requires some fishing. I used a wire hanger bent straight with a loop on the end (so that the end was "dull" and wouldn't cut anything) The headliner doesn't want to pull down quite enough, or maybe I didn't want to break it. Additionally, the roof is not flat above the headliner. There are some obstacles. That part is definitely a 2 person job - one to feed and one to fish.

The other 2 person job maybe is the measuring and cutting. I had someone else verify my marks before I cut into the headliner. Looking back though, I think the instructions have you cut a pretty small hole relative to the DVD trim pieces.

Feel free reach out with any other questions. Are you in Hollywood? My brother lives there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo