Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

How often does a disco 1 owner need to change rotors? Midas says I need some new rotors, and I don't want them to do it.

How expensive are they? Can you do them yourself? Where can you get them for less?

D

discomike

Depends on how you drive the truck, whatever you do, don't let Midas work on your brakes, you will land up with a truck that can't stop well that has noisey brakes too.
Rotors need to be measured to tell how this they are. If they are not pulsating and it was my truck I would not change them, just put on a really good set of brake pads and go again.
Mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your rotors down to a machine shop to see if they can be re-surfaced. I think the shop that you have to do the re-surfacing can tell you if there is enough thickness to the rotor for them to be used again.

D

discomike

No, you can't resurface the Rover rotors, they are too soft. I have done enough of the in the past to know what to look for. What year is your truck, how many miles on it and how many miles on the last set of pads and rotors???
MIke J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad. I wasn't aware that they could not be re-surfaced.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend took his vehicle to Midas some time back. They quoted him for some work to be done, so he called around to find out if that was a reasonable price or to possibly find a better place to do it. Turns out the people at that Midas had called around using my friend's name to get a bunch of quotes at local shops...strange, in the least. Needless to say, he picked up his vehicle and took it elsewhere.

R

RadRocker

Bummer! Got the Midas Pads on (rear only). Squeaky already!!! The Rover has 100K. I did not ask why I would soon need new rotors.... Why do Rovers need them? Do they just get worn down?

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I've never heard any good talk from Midas' service and they've been around a long time. I realize they are a franchise, but I wonder how they have been around for so long?

D

discomike

They are known as the cheap place to go get a quick , "BAD" job done.
My biggest concern with them is that they don't have access to good quality parts, they use alot of cheap relabeled brake products.
Mike J.

T

Tunerworks

I just replaced my Factory rotors with some Brembo rotors, I am quite happy so far, I have been doing quite abit of driving lately...

If any of you guys are interested in these feel free to email me:
[email protected]

They are relatively inexpensive!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72