Rover Rocked the Offroad Rally in Ouray, Co

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we did Black Bear in 07 and 08, but not last year. Got rained out the first day. That's not a trail you want to do in pouring rain. So we went back and got it the next day. Did Poughkeepsie all the way through as well, including the Wall. Got 4 LR3's and 2 Sports up without winching. Lots of surprised non-Rover spectators on that one. :cool:

Great video of the flood on Engineer as well. That was another one we did as well.

I would definitely be up for a trip next July/August. Wanted to do it this year, but just too much going on. After 3 years in a row, we needed a break anyway. But still the best place I've ever gone wheeling.

Here's my Black Bear Pass video from a couple years ago. Skip to about 2:00 for the descent.
YouTube- ‪Great Divide III - Otherside‬‎

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video! I am impressed you did Poughkipssee and Black Bear! Congrats too you! That is on the list but I have always been a bit nervous too even try it. But I think Iay have my nerves now I saw your video !

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks really scary at first, but it really isn't bad. Especially with hill descent control and low range. Point and shoot. :cool:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one coming up the wall on Poughkeepsie.
DSC_0297.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed the experienced and steady hand of the camera operator as you were descending Black Bear Pass, Scott. Amazing work, must have been a pro or something.

:biggrin:

Thanks for reposting, good memories there.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not trying to claim credit there were you Umberto? :cool:
That new Sony HD camera has a great stability feature, especially when zoomed in though.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics and video !!!! I wanna go back and try Black Bear and Poughkeepsie !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4