Ruling out the possibilities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lrgt2003

Reaction score
all these replies and no one has the answer??!!!

the exact same thing happened to mine in mild, 30-50 degree F (0-15 degree C) weather in an un-climate-controlled garage

goinsurfin

Reaction score
My sunroof is fine but not proud to say that I'm most likely the only LR3 owner to crack the huge roof glass 2x in less than 2 years.

The first time it happened, without thinking, I crawled up my rear ladder and put pressure on the corner of the glass with my knee while strapping gear up top. The 2nd time was most likely the kids bikes inside or when I was loading it up with something else... the first replacement was about 1000 but I paid my ins deductible of 500. I haven't replaced the current cracked glass- no leaks. In dec, I spent 2900k in dec on brakes, new drive shaft, 1 wheel bearing, an alignment/rotate and oil change.... It was actually an overall good price because the initial price was 3700.. I asked for a discount and they gave me 15% off...

My advice, be careful with the roof glass!

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a bad piece of glass that was compromised by extreme temps. Manufacturing may be good, but it's not perfect. It's just glass after all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635