Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jholewka

Reaction score
Serg,
Got a can today and will try it tomorrow on the RRC, if it works well then I'll do the disco.. For the record the RRC has 127,000 and the disco 88,000. I have used the carbon clean through the machine on many vehicles when I worked at this Triumph restoration shop about 5 years ago, that stuff worked very well, hope this does the same. I'll let you know the results when done. Thanks again.
Jim

D

discomike

Jim,
The trick is to get three cans, one for the gas, one for the engine oil after a change and one for the induction system.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, you mean before change :)

Jim - have fun with cleaning :) Them smoky clouds that can appear while cleaning induction system may be very frightening for neighbours (LOL spellchecking is definetly written by someone in US.. wants me to change it to be neighbor) and may leave nasty black spots on your driveway. Results really would depend on how dirty engine and injectors and intake is. And if you use seafoam - how lucky you are :) It did totally nothing for my 94 with 132K.

Btw if you to use it in fuel - you may consider swapping fuel filter after that.

jholewka

Reaction score
OK everyone, I tried the seafoam this past weekend, now that the smoke is gone I've found my computor and can post my results. Not really, of course. Oh there was plenty of smoke as I remembered there would be from the carbon clean machine days. Any change, maybe a slight notice at excelleration . I believe that a vehicle with high mileage as my RR (129,000) would need about 6 cans to remove all the carbon build up to really notice a big difference, of course I could pull the heads and remove it mechanically.....NOT gonna happen any time soon..I hope. So I may try another can in about 1,000 miles or so, once my neighbors start talking to me again.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course you can just pony up cash and do motorvac :) Will cost you about 120$ and clean better :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72