Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
montanablur said:
I have to back Rover Chic up on that one... I have learned more about my Rover over the past weeks reading Mike's posts than any manual or mechanic yet...

Thanks Mike...

Same here! Thanks again for all the help with my Rover issues thus far Mike!

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I feel like I need to break out the old cheerleading outfit.. Ha Ha !! Give me a M! I! K! E! What does that spell ?? MIKE !!!

C

Cozmo

Hey Mike thanks again for the info bout the rear bumper. I have yet to to anything with it but I do have plans to. Mike Mike he's our man! If he can't do it then the local metal shop can! YEAH MIKE!!!!

jholewka

Reaction score
RoverChic said:
IMHO Mike J is one of the greatest assets to the Land Rover Community. In fact, if I recall correctly I remember a certain member of another site, losing his cool (name will be withheld) and calling people stupid for not knowing where to ingest SeaFoam on a Disco. Thanks Mike for being such a great help !! I think I might try some SeaFoam too while I am out working on the Beast today.
Melissa

OK, let's put this to the test. SeaFoam? The only seafoam I ever knew was the color of the engine block on the old healeys. If I'm getting this right, now this is before I'll head over the google and search it, it's carbon-kleen for the DIY'ers? Very cool, I've been thinking about haveing the CK done but the only garage I know around here that has the machine , the guy is a butt&*%#. I'll check it out, so it works well then? Also, I'd like to thank those who helped with my abs question when I first joined, I posted twice on another board and couldn't even get one damn reply! Well thanks again. I'm gonna check out the seafoam search and see what I can find.
Jim
97 disco
92 RR

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim - just step into your local NAPA store and ask for "Seafoam injector cleaner" - they most likely will point you to the place where its on shelf right away.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
It should be like 6.99 or something to that effect. I have heard that it does well in the oil too. But that should be done about 1-2 days before your next oil change. As normally it will or rather should loosen any extra "gunk" in the engine and then the oil needs to be changed there after. I am not a mechanic but I have helped a buddy do this with RRC and it cleaned out the engine really well!!! Sergei can maybe back me on this one ??
Melissa

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not with Seafoam line of products, Melissa :) I have strong disliking for them :)

But i did engine flush with can of BG product last time before oil was changed (well it was actually oil change + pan dropping and cleaning). You just pour it into oil and wee bit into crank case (damn thing never cleans properly overwise) and let engine run for about 30 mins, and then oil change is done. Helps to remove some nasty stuff, and certain made engine run smoother.

Btw - turned out that clogged/bad cats can indeed cause running/startin issues (stalling/no start & etc). Now i am indeedy changing me Y-pipe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72