Security system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't been using my security system for a long time because of the silly door solenoids. They don't always go down. Till I go to work on freeing the mechanism or replace the solenoids is their a way to disable the alarm in the event I accidently trigger the alarm? Dad used to say locks are for honest people.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure, I am willing to say someone has disabled it before, but I have only heard of issues when playing with the rover security system.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks joey. That's what I'm afraid of is issues. One time I pushed my remote to lock it and one of the actuators didn't go down. Tried to get back in and the alarm went off. Put key in driver door and turned it to the left for five seconds still had issues. That was several years ago cannot remember how I finally got it to stop. I just don't try to lock it . Scared me into thinking I wouldn't be able to start it. Thing is I really don't need nor want all the bells and whistles like electric windows and alarms and such. But I just like my truck and that's the way it is.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking D1 or D2?
For the most part, a D1 is real hard, at best to disable and forget trying on a D2, you won't get past the up-graded ECU.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike: 95 d1. Sure would like to disable it or fix the very expensive solenoids. I wonder if the mechanisms are the actual trouble and not the solenoids , probabley wishfull thinking.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Roverlandparts.com for some good prices on some guaranteed used parts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo