#@!!Security System!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sundogdreams

Hey, all. Newbie stuck with my son's 95 Disco. Having issues with what appears to be the security system. The wife called me at work and said the horn was beeping and she couldn't get it to shut off. A neighbor came over and pulled the battery terminal.

When I returned home, I pulled the horn fuse and reattached the battery. Got in, fired her up and took it for a test drive. No problems. Next time I go to start it up - nada, and I mean nada. No clicks, wrrrs, nothing. Did the lock-unlock thing (no remote key fob) and still nada. Locked it up and said to hell with it for the day.

Next day, go out and hop in. Hmmm, central door locks aren't working. Now what!! Turn the key - boom - fires right up. As I go for a little drive, the door locks lock and unlock at random and the security light blinks intermittently. Get home, shut her down - won't restart. Arrrrrg!

I figure start with the basics, so after a little research (bless you guys for having this forum) I check switches. Lo and behold, the hood switch appears to be bad, at least it doesn't change state when I push the plunger (is it supposed to be closed with the hood closed?). Anywho, I tried bypassing it. Still have the locks doing the same thing when I'm lucky enough to be able to start the monster.

To make a short story longer, I'm pulling out what little hair I have left. I've developed a perverse attachment to this beast - the damn thing's a tank in the woods and will go just about anywhere I want it to. I know I've been blithering, but does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should check next? I'm trying to avoid the dealer like the plague - this area in Maine doesn't have a handy LR dealer close by. Thanks in advance!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be either the hood switch, or worse the Alarm ECU has kicked the bucket.... try taping the hood switch down... if that doesn't do it... I would say the Alarm ECU has gone bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635