Separate rims for snow tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM 19" wheels got the winter tires and I bought used wheels from eBay for 18" but there are aftermarket steels like at lucky8. Much better selection. BFG AT are great. I used a program tool to turn off the sensors.

jshanna

Reaction score
I was looking into the same thing for my L322 but have opted for a set of Nokia WR3 All Weather tires. Allegedly good for 40K miles, have little road noise, and handle pretty well. No need now for the second set of wheels...

vanessen

Reaction score
I have a set of 20 inch rims off of my LR4 that I am looking to sell. PM me if you are interested.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into the same thing for my L322 but have opted for a set of Nokia WR3 All Weather tires. Allegedly good for 40K miles, have little road noise, and handle pretty well. No need now for the second set of wheels...

We have had these for almost two years and they are by far the best option in our conditions.

cluch

Reaction score
I have always run 2 sets of rims and tires for winter/summer, it keeps the bead healthy and makes changing them over really easy. The only downside is that they are heavy when putting them in storage (garage attic). On my old LR3, I actually used a set of BMW X5 Rims as winters, the bolt pattern lined right up but I needed new lug nuts.

Does anybody know the exact spacing required if I wanted to use my old 18" 10 spoke rims from my LR3 on my 2015 LR4. Everybody seems to think that they will clear the brakes but will need spacers... unfortunately I can't find the spacing requirement to get them back to the stock clearance.

Last edited:

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.......Does anybody know the exact spacing required if I wanted to use my old 18" 10 spoke rims from my LR3 on my 2015 LR4. Everybody seems to think that they will clear the brakes but will need spacers... unfortunately I can't find the spacing requirement to get them back to the stock clearance.

I used Motorsport-Tech BORA spacers for 10-spoke LR3 wheels on my 2011 LR4. Go to link and scroll down. 25mm. Clearance between wheel ID and front calipers is really tight but works. A couple of wheels left a scratch on the inside of the wheel but worked. No caliper grinding.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9