SF Bay Area dealerships buying experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glsm5

Reaction score
Hello,

New member here! Have been lurking in this forum from time to time - Great forum with lot of userful information. Looking to buy a new LR3 HSE soon. Anybody have buying experiences - good or bad - to share about any of the SF Bay Area dealerships?

Thanks in advance.

-G

E

ENick

I shopped at Corte Madera and at Cole in Walnut Creek prior to purchasing my 05 RR. Relatively knowledgeable at both, but the Corte Madera crew condescended to me and actually asked me what color Freelander I wanted... Of course, the tune changed when I asked them about the Range instead, but they did basically interview me before taking me out to look at one. Both dealers crazy with their pricing, so I ended up buying in LA for much less and driving it up.

Seems to be par for the course in the area, though - MB dealerships in the area have no idea what they're even selling, but they dress very nice lol. Weatherford BMW actually told me I could not test drive their M-cars - that it was store policy because they are such high performance vehicles... another lol. Stealerships are stealerships - it's just a question of how much competition they have - which dictates their performance (knowledge and customer service), or lack thereof.

Good luck, and keep us informed of your progress.

S

StornawayLR3

I just bought my 07 LR3 HSE from Cole European in Walnut Creek, got a great deal, and would highly recommend going there.

I went to Fremont LR, Rocklin LR, Livermore LR, & San Jose LR. I had a good experience at Fremont, Rocklin, and Livermore. They had at least 4 or 5 HSEs on the lot, salesmen were knowledgeable, very nice, etc. Except they did not have the color combo or packages that I wanted :bawling:

However, DO NOT GO TO SAN JOSE LR (the one located near Santana Row) theyre a bunch of liars!!! Maybe because I'm a female they assume I know nothing about the vehicle and they had the guts to tell me lies after lies. First, they only had 1 HSE on the lot they told me LR3's are no longer coming into the US so if I want an HSE with what I want (which I was told, impossible to find) mind as well order the 08 LR3 and pay MSRP. Not only that their accessory prices are outrageous! When I bought my HSE from Walnut Creek I bought a total of 12 accessories including big items such as A-frame protection bar w/o winch, F/R lamp guards, cross bars, side protection tubes, etc.. and I paid less then $2800 for everything, At San Jose they wanted $1200 for the A-Frame w/o winch, $425 for the cross bars, that's already $1625 for 2 items :stupid:

Hope that helps :hello:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72